8.11.2011

Re-count Maker, Brewoff 2011, Hard Lemonade update


So, I went back through baker's records and re-counted how many kegs I've killed. grand total since my first kegged batch, Safety Champ 2, 21 total kegs killed. I forgot to record my achievement.

Also, dropped off our entries for the brewoff: diplomanator, brynnemaker, and shippenmaker...we don't work for the beer nut though, so I don't see a gold medal in our future.

And I've had a chance to start sampling the hard lemonade I cooked up a few weeks ago. It was verrry sour and yeasty on my first sample. Earlier this week, I tried backsweetening it by cooking up a simple syrup and adding it to the keg. This has kind of helped with the sour. It definitely does have a champagne flavor to it though from the yeast, I think I'll try a more neutral flavored yeast next time...possibly a sweet mead yeast because it tends to leave around 3% residual sugar. I'll have to give it at least 1 or 2 more weeks in the keg to know for sure what it will finally taste like, so we'll see.

-kris

0 comments:

baker's tap

  • NZ pale ale (?.?%abv)
  • kimosabe red (5.5%abv)
  • [primary] bunch of mead and cider
  • [secondary] bunch more mead and cider

merrill's tap

  • fender tremelo (7.1%abv)
  • gibson rickenbacker (6.49%abv)
  • IPA (6.7% abv)
  • {nitro} McFricker Stout (5.5%abv)
  • [secondary] merrill's hard cider
  • [gettin' sour] derBrynnerweisse

in the ferminator

  • nothingmaker :( (og0.000)

All Content Copyright 2011 Berrill Maker. Powered by Blogger.